Can it be? Is 2015 really here? It feels like just yesterday we were all watching the brightly lit ball drop in the middle of Times Square while screaming “Happy New Year!”. But, it really is here again–New Year’s Eve–and with it comes an endless number of parties and celebrations; don’t jeopardize your fresh start to the new year by making ill choices.
For your New Year’s Eve safety, make sure to follow these tips:
If you’re hosting a party….
- Plan ahead by naming a “designated driver.” Make this your responsibility as the host.
- Contact a local cab company to provide rides for your guests (or Uber/ Lyft).
- Serve non-alcoholic beverages as an option to your guests.
- Stop serving alcohol to your guests several hours before the party ends.
- Provide your guests with a place to stay overnight in your home.
If you’re attending a party….
- If you drink, don’t drive.
- Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before the party or celebration begins.
- If you are impaired, call a taxi, use mass transit, or get a sober friend or family member to come pick you up.
- Or, stay where you are until you are sober.
- Take the keys from someone if you think he/she is too impaired to drive.
And In case you needed a reminder, this is how we’re supposed to dress starting next year. Happy New Year!